Thursday, January 17, 2013

Healthy Comfort Food

For delivery, Tuesday, January 22nd

We're going old school with a healthy take on my grandmother's baked spaghetti recipe. Healthy Baked Spaghetti   is still so comforting and delicious, but good for you! That's my kind of comfort food. Made with organic lean ground beef, whole wheat pasta (don't worry you won't be able to tell the difference - I promise), a little green pepper, onion, and basil really give it some veggie goodness. I chop it up very small so even my kids don't realize it's in there! Great seasoning and about half the cheese my sweet grandma uses and it comes in at about 325 calories a serving! Along side this spaghetti I'm giving you a wonderful Caesar Salad with homemade Caesar dressing, fresh Parmesan cheese shavings, and sourdough croutons. This is one good salad, let me tell you. Kids usually really like this one. This dinner will easily give you leftovers as it serves 6-8 with pretty large portions.

Healthy Baked Spaghetti
Caesar Salad w/ homemade Caesar dressing, shaved Parmesan cheese and sourdough croutons
($35)

Please e-mail me by Saturday, January 19th to be included in next week's meal at:
rshronts@mindspring.com
____________________________________________________________________________________

Silver Spoon Bakery's cake of the week:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
creamy peanut butter bar base with bits of peanuts covered in a smooth chocolate ganache
($15) for 9x9 pan 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment