Thursday, January 24, 2013

Going Tex-Mex Big Time

For delivery, Tuesday, January 29th

 I am so excited about this menu! Tex-Mex food is my specialty and this one will really take you south of the border. I make this Chicken Tamale Casserole when I am craving tamales that I had all the time in restaurants growing up in Texas. Homemade tamales are very time consuming, but this casserole is an easy swap for the more traditional tamales. Even better is this is an adapted recipe of mine from Cooking Light that comes in at about 350 calories per serving!! On the side, is a Smoky Chipotle Coleslaw that is super tasty. It has a wonderful smoky, sweet dressing that really stands out with chipotle, adobo sauce, and honey in it. This is also a light, healthy salad. I really want to give you flavorful, yummy food that is good for you.


Finally, I couldn't call this a Tex-Mex meal without including Rhonda's Texas Pinto Beans. I slow cook these overnight (no canned beans here) and add onion, jalapeno, garlic and seasonings with green salsa for amazing flavor. This is what leftovers are all about!

Going Tex-Mex Big Time

Chicken Tamale Casserole
Smoky Chipotle Coleslaw
Rhonda's Texas Pinto Beans
($35)

Note: I have changed the deadline for ordering from Sundays to SATURDAYS due to the need for more shopping and prep time.

Please let me know by Saturday, January 26th if you want to be included in next week's meal delivery!
___________________________________________________________________________________

Silver Spoon Bakery cake of the week offering:

Brown Sugar Buttermilk Pound Cake w/ Caramel Icing -
9" x 5" Loaf  ($15)
5" Individual ($5) serves 2.

We appreciate your business!
  

   




 

No comments:

Post a Comment