Thursday, June 6, 2013

Greek Week

For Delivery Tuesday, June 11th

Chicken Gyros w/Toppings (Pita Bread, Tzatziki Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion)
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
Greek Style Potato Wedges
($35)

We're going Greek this week! My inspiration for this meal came to me as I thought about how sad I was that we missed going to the Greek Festival this year. We love the gyros and it is my "must have" every year. So, here we go......Chicken Gyros w/ Toppings. These gyros start with a delicious marinade of lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and oregano. The chicken is then grilled and sliced so you can pile it on warm pita bread and top it off with plenty of cool, creamy tzatziki sauce. I will include fresh veggies to add as you like: sliced tomoatoes, red onion and lettuce. 

 
 
I have to include this amazing  Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad. This is a Greek favorite and it is wonderful to use as a topping inside your gyro or on the side. The salad has fresh seedless cucmber chunks, sliced cherry tomatoes, red onion and feta cheese in it. Combined with fresh basil, red wine vinegar, olive oil and honey. It is great as leftovers the next day, too!
 
 
 
Greek Style Potato Wedges will make you and the kids happy. These potato wedges are roasted until tender and crispy with delicious seasonings of lemon, garlic, greek oregeno and a little sea salt. Yummy!
 
 
 
Please let me know by Saturday, June 8th if you want in on next week's delivery! 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment